Sunday, September 20, 2009

THE FINAL SECRET SWORD; PAPITSUCHI

Are you prepared for the final time stop?

I promise this will be my (second to) last Sigma rant on this blog, even I’m getting sick of whining about this game.

For starters, I’m not whining about NGS2 out of “fanboy” rage or anything, as I have said, if it was a kickass amazing game I would buy a PS3 – I have the money. No, it’s because they are taking a game I really like, and destroying it. I don’t know whether Itagaki (the old NG director before he quit/got fired) is angry about this game, but I would be if it was me, I would be fucking livid that some asshole’s taken over my project and ruined it utterly.

Recently the demo’s come out, and although I personally have obviously not tried it, from what I have heard, things aren’t looking good. Basically, they are turning NG2 into DMC – something it was never intended to be. What I love about NG is that it feels so different to DMC. Yet now? Enemies have more health, but stand around like punching bags waiting for you to hit them, there’s a larger emphasis on projectiles (you have infinite of all projectiles, you can use the bow + shurikens at the same time, you can move whilst shooting, you can’t UT the arrows anymore etc) and it feels like they have tried to change the game from being “brutal” to being “stylish.” Honestly, I love DMC for being stylish, and I love NG2 for being brutal, why you gotta hate, brosephini?

There are also reports that the two main “problems” with NG2 haven’t been fixed at all. Namely, the camera and the inconsistent frame rate. You kidding busta? Camera was fine, you just have to cope with it and not try to wrestle with it, it worked for me, if it works for me, it works for you, stop crying. Framerate? Yeah, it dropped at times (cough staircase) but I rarely noticed it and I didn’t even have the game installed, and trust me, I am good at noticing fps drops (thank you WoW) Well, now there’s apparently even more noticable frame drops, screen tearing and the camera’s the same if not worse. Good job Hayashi, you lower the number of enemies on screen, you remove all that “silly” gore that was “clogging up the screen” and what happens? Your game runs like shit. My thoughts? Itagaki cursed the game when he left, sort of like Doku cursing Ryu with the fiend blood, I hope Hayashi turns blue and then jumps into a river of lava.

Don’t get me wrong, I would react the same with many other games, I can’t stand when people wrest control of a project that belonged to another team who put all their effort into making it great, and just shit ALL over it. I hate when people adapt something and totally ruin it. Sigma 2 just hit very close to home as I had been playing NG2 so much recently. That being said, I doubt I’ll complain much more about it, I’ll touch on it again whenever the game is out and the reviews have been delivered however.

Uh, I’m sure I don’t need to say this, but I’m not a professional. That is to say this isn’t my job, I’m not getting paid by anyone. Whilst this is a gaming related blog, it would be stupid to compare this blog to say, Kotaku (which is apparently not a news site, but a gaming blog) I don’t try to act professional, and whilst I would be very (pleasantly) surprised to find out people are taking my opinion seriously, I write like this because I find it enjoyable. I’m not going to try and turn this into some shitty gimmick commercial thing where I make a youtube account with 18 minute long adverts before the start of every video which scream PLZ SUBSCRIBE!!! and then I sit there for a further 20 minutes going “LOL THIS FUCKING GAME IS SHIT FUCKING BALLS A WHEELBARROW OF QUANTUM CUNTS UP MY ASS” I’m not the Angry Video Game Nerd, I’m not Yahtzee and I’m not Angry Joe. Those are all characters, I literally am this angry, all the time. Oh, and for the record, I am a fan of AVGN and pretty much all the shit James does, I was just using that as an example.

I’m going off on a tangent as usual I know, but I just wanted to clarify it, I’m not acting or anything, I’m not trying to come off as some SUGOI new blog where I act all edgy by swearing a lot. All of that being said, it would be fucking awesome if that were the case, companies sending me their games so I can make a post going THIS GAME MERRILY GARGLES 50 VATS OF DICK..IS WHAT I WOULD SAY IF IT SUCKS, WHICH IT DOESN’T. That would be the shit indeed, I could go to E3 and interview game devs. Sadly, it’s not to be. Wait, scrap these last few paragraphs, I’m turning PRO 4 LYFE. Subscribe and go advertise me everywhere, make me more influential than IGN.

All of that aside, like my new banner? It’s Liang Qi from CANAAN, if you didn’t know. Best character in the show and best antagonist of 2009.

Yes, I fail at cropping pan shots.

She likes to get some.

Really, where else can you find somebody who prepares to fight an army by strapping like 12 guns and 18 katanas to their back – whilst wearing lingerie? Oh that’s right.

Maybe not the lingerie part.

That’s all for now, next post I’ll be talking about video games and the new SA album which came out recently, I’ve been listening to it last night and today so I can post my thoughts on it. For now all I’ll say is DANCING ON THE BORDERLINE, DANCING ON THE BORDERLINE, DANCING ON THE BORDERLINE. I like Zeroes because borderline makes me think of Borderlands which makes me go FUK YEH BRODALANDS. (intentional BRO, there.)

Oh god that reminds me, I found another term that uses “BL” as an abbreviation. Let’s just say it’s arguably far worse than Booty Bay Watch. (BBW)

No comments:

Post a Comment