Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Naruto episode 7

 

 

Aww, the nostalgia!

After hearing Suigetsu go on and on about Zabuza, I finally decided to rewatch episode seven, were he first comes in. It’s really strange to watch, considering that I know everything that happens afterwards and well into Naruto: Shippuuden. Here are just some random notes:

1. In less than a five-minute time, Sasuke has referred to the Sharingan as “rare” three times. Let’s see who has it: Sasuke, Itachi, Kakashi, Danzo, Tobi/ Madara, and those were just the ones off of the top of my head. That’s five main characters. I wouldn’t call it rare.

2. I forgot just how awesome Zabuza’s voice is. In fact, I’d say that it was one of the better English dubs in the series, it really goes well with his appearance and personality. Great work, Steven Blum!

3. lol, Kakashi glows.

4. Older!Ninjas > Younger!Ninjas. They’re kind of annoying before the time skip (which is one of the reason why I like Shippuuden so much better), but still pretty cute. Sasuke I’m divided on, but I think he’s a tad bit better in these early episodes. I’m getting pretty tired of his recent KILLKILLKILL motif in Shippuuden. You’re a ninja! What else are you supposed to think about?

5. “If it goes on like this I’ll go insane…” -Sasuke

“Haha, too late!” -Me

It’s interesting to think about though; if Sasuke had committed suicide in this episode, and Kakashi would’ve stopped him, how would the series have turned out? Despite my dislike of his new personality, “worse” would be my answer.

6. Wow, I like Sasuke so much more in this episode than I have of him recently. Normally I’m not a fan of his smugness, but in pre-timeskip its cute. Post-timeskip it’s just… kind of obsessive… I forsee an essay, or at least a lengthy blog post on the subject…

7. I don’t understand Kakashi pointing a kunai at his throat and saying “Don’t move,” while waiting for ten seconds. What the hell are you waiting for! Kill him off!

8. (Preview for next episode) No Naruto! It’s not over! In fact, it goes on for at least ten more freakin’ episodes, that’s what!

9. I love this ending. I think it’s so strong, and can be used at any point in the Naruto manga or anime. It’s perfect for reflecting on the struggles that the characters face, and their ever changing personalities and flaws.

10. Gotta wonder what Kisame and Chojuro (okay, even Raiga) are doing at this point. I love the Village Hidden in the Mist

11. This happens later in the series, but I have to agree with Zabuza that Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are not “ninja.” When you decide to call them “ninja” is up to you, but I’d say that its later in the series (not necessarily Shippuuden), but I’d say that it’s when they all begin to hone their individual skills (Sakura learns healing with Tsunade, Sasuke leaves with Orochimaru, and Naruto trains with Jiraiya).

So, despite skipping the boat conversation at the beginning (With teh Rower!) I watched most of it. It’s so weird, to watch all of these first episodes with al of my knowledge of later scenarios… Then again I never did watch this Zabuza arc completely…

[Via http://nashichan.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment