Saturday, December 12, 2009

Figure: Figma Haruhi Suzumiya (Summer Uniform Version)

While the Northern Hemisphere is probably gearing up for a white Christmas (or at least a cold one), it’s getting quite hot here in Australia and Haruhi has arrived in the appropriate uniform for the season. I’ve generally stuck to fixed-pose/scale figures of human characters, leaving the articulation to the mechs in my collection, but I suppose you could say that was incidental rather than an active decision, so here we are with my very first Figma.The quality to price ratio is excellent and the versatility afforded by the articulation makes up for the visible joints. I’m very pleased with Haruhi, and although I think I’m still more of a fixed-pose fan but I’ll certainly be considering some more Figmas.

The box design is nice and clean, and the inside is lined with shiny silver card which is a very nice effect.

The articulation is very good, allowing for pretty much any pose that would be possible with a real human body (and probably a few that aren't). The included camera accessory is tiny but surprisingly detailed.

While Haruhi can easily stand on her own in the right pose, there's also a stand included for more complex or airborne poses.

Included are twelve different hands, two faces, two hair-styles, a "Master Detective" armband, a camera and a "Brigade Leader" desk sign. Between the accessories and the high posability, there's no shortage of display options.

[Via http://autaku.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment