Tuesday, January 5, 2010

non-monthly roundup

cue blaxploitation music

DTB2 – looking around the internets I’m glad I’m not the only one confused by the ending but at least it was entertaining throughout. Kanna Asuke has drawn some awesome fan art of the series.

Spice and Wolf light novel 1 – really enjoyed the banter between Lawrence and Holo and the many facets of Holo’s character. 6 months between each release sucks much more than the ugly cover and people should be complaining about that instead (though JoJo’s release schedule sucks even more).

Sunred 40 – The New Year’s episode was almost kind of educational, for me anyway. Lol at Armor Tiger not getting any screentime. Kayoko’s new haircut <3.

Ping Pong live-action – rented it thinking it was based on the manga Ping Pong Club when in fact its based on a manga of the same name by the mangaka of Tekkonkinkreet so I suppose I should like it but I couldn’t shake how boring and long the whole thing was. I didn’t really like any of the characters and Peco who I suppose was meant to carry the movie was particularly annoying.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei manga Volume 3 – Kumeta’s chapter comments are awesome. While I appreciate the effort and its kinda interesting some of the translation notes just seem a bit pointless especially when they mention person without any further explanation. The hibernating chapter made me laugh the most.

[Via http://inazumadunkshoot.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment