Saturday, January 16, 2010

Miyafuji Yoshika -Alter-

Kudos to Poslaju for promptly and swiftly delivering my beloved Yoshika fig to my doorstep when NO ONE is around, AGAIN. You guys totally deserve the Come-Get-The-Damn-Package-Yourself Award. Nevermind that they put a dent on my parcel. I thank Customs for that.

On to the main topic.

First, my thanks to Alter for picking up the Strike Witches line. I can now look forward to the remaining Witches of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing to add to my collection. Figurine above is the first in line and protagonist of the Strike Witches anime, Miyafuji Yoshika hailing from the Fuso Empire (that’s Japan in our world). Seen in her A6M Zero Striker unit, she brandishes a Type 99 aircraft cannon at the ready. The gun is uses a drum-fed mechanism for its ammo rounds, and it even has a flip-up sight, a nice touch to it. The rotors on her Striker unit is swappable for an idle rotors version, but I decided to keep the spinning rotors on to give off an impression that she’s airborne. She even has the 501st JFW coat of arms emblazooned on her right sleeve as shown. Pretty sweet.

I got the figurine mainly because I’m interested in the Strike Witches universe, which the names of the characters, Striker units and settings are named after real pilots, planes and events during WW2. Given that, Strike Witches has plethora of characters, weapons and military vehicles from tanks to planes to firearms. It is pleasant to know Alter will not stop at Yoshika and continue to produce more figurines from the Strike Witches line. Here’s hoping Alter will eventually pick up characters from the other JFWs, most notably the Fuso Imperial Navy,  Karlsland Luftwaffe, 504th, 507th and the Afrika Corps.

[Via http://rapidx.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment