Saturday, March 20, 2010

Aftermath

So after completing a manga and watching the entire anime, I get depressed, as there is no longer anything to look forward to reading or watching each day.

This is usually the point where I turn to fanfiction. In order to satisfy my fanshipping and whatnot, I read multiple stories, and write a few of my own as well. I find it both easier to read and write fanfics about completed mangas, simply because all the arcs are finished and each character has been developed as far as they will be developed in terms of being canon.

Sometime soon, I’ll go to my library and pick out a random manga—that’s usually how I find new things to read. I also go through extensive researching to find the names of dubbed animes I come across while on vacation [this is how I found Shugo Chara! Mermaid Melody, and Sgt Frog, to name a few.]

Since I’ve finished the HnG manga, and just watched the conclusion of the anime, I think this is the perfect time for me to start my Hikaru/Akira obsession [ever since that chapter when Akira blows up at Hikaru for playing badly, I knew they were gonna be my OTP.]

Anyway…back to reading. [I actually feel a bit happier at the prospect of Akaru/Hikira* fanfics.]

*A portmanteau of Hikaru and Akira. Since they switch roles [seme/uke] quite often, Akaru will be when I’m referring to Akira as the seme, and Hikira will be when I’m referring to Hikaru as the seme. :3

[Via http://xfractalimagex.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment