Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Upcoming Plans

April is looking like it’s going to be a busy month! Why?

Well, for one, my mom’s birthday is April 12th! This means I’ve gotta go something super awesome for her. Why? Because she’s my mother and she really has no idea how much I appreciate her. I’ve actually been plotting since summer. The only pitfall I have right now is my lack of funding. But I vow to find the money for this, because I’m sure it is something that would be extremely special for her. I may have to go into her work and demand she have the day off, though, ’cause I am NOT letting them ruin this for me. She needs to relax and enjoy something. So, lucky for us! Her favorite ballet is playing the 16th at the George Mason Center for the Arts: Giselle. She’s always expressed her disappointment to me that this area never really got many decent ballets. We pretty much only got Nutcracker or Don Quixote. Not that either one is bad, but when they’re the only ones showing for some time, I can see why she’d be upset. So when I saw the ad in the Upcoming Events pamphlet I got over the summer from GMU, I was SO HAPPY to see that Giselle was playing around her birthday. It is TOO PERFECT. So it must happen. I will wash cars day and night if I have to.

Second is a mini free con that a few of us are planning on attending. Literally, just a few. We don’t want to make a big deal out of it, since it’s a small con and only one day. But it’ll be fun and a chance to meet some con-friends and hopefully get ourselves more into other aspects of cons that we usually miss out on at the bigger ones (panels, games, ARTIST ALLEY). That’s right. Artist Alley. They’re technically full, but they’re accepting Overflow Requests. So I’m realllyyy hoping that they accept us. ‘Cause it’ll be a great way to get myself into the selling-art business. And I’m already planning for Spring Break to be full of sleep and art-creation. I’ll catch up on old ideas and learn new things. And the best thing of all? I’ll be making some money off of it! =D On top of the Artist Alley, I’ve already requested participation in the Otaku Dating Game (bet you didn’t see that coming! I soo need to be there as the one that is completely undatable for humor’s sake) and we’ve signed up for a panel slot: “How to Make Friends at Cons.” Complete with skits, ghetto poster boards, and possibly a surprise treat for those who stick around to the end.

So, ya. Those are my upcoming plans. I’m dead set on them. Why? Because they’ll be fun and totally worth the time and money spent toward them.

[Via http://breezehbree.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment