Sunday, November 8, 2009

Umineko no Naku Koro ni 19

 

No wonder Umineko had always seem to me like some kind of glorified magic show. (FYI: spoilers ahead)

Ange is definitely spot on with this one.  Now that I think about it, the reason why I hate all the previous arcs of Umineko is because Battler was never on an equal footing with Beato to begin with. He was merely getting toyed around by the witch, and I was more or less forced to watch 16 episodes of that. With no means of counter to combat that sly witch, Battler might as well have just sat there and drank tea while discussing about the latest trends in fashion, and that would’ve made no difference to the plot of the story at all. Where’s all the awesome mysteries and puzzles? Where are the insane deductions and red herrings? Is that a goatman with a DSword I’m seeing? Suffice to say, I was quite disappointed, and all the Umineko hype from the anime community wasn’t helping either.

And then suddenly we now have an ally that actually knows how to fight. Playtime’s over witches, Ange is here. For one thing, the blue text that she earned for Battler finally gave him the means to go on the offensive. Rather than looking at the reality TV and cringing in despair while doing nothing, at the very least Battler can now cringe all he wants while still doing something to turn the tables on Beato. Ohh the delicious process. I thought I’d never live to see the day when the plot is finally surfacing in Umineko.

Anyways, DIVINE actually already said this an infinite times better than I did, but I just felt like ranting about it a little. You wouldn’t believe how good it feels to be looking forward to the next episode of Umineko for once, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment